As pictured, arrives in glass jar.
Crystal – Blue Butterfly Pea Flower
It is beautifully blended with Australian-grown lemon myrtle and ginger – a tea that you can drink hot or iced!
Our version of the Blue Butterfly Pea Tea has the lowest moisture content which means it remains produces a more vibrant blue colour, stays fresher & longer shelf life.
INGREDIENTS : 100% Organic Butterfly Pea Flower, Australian Lemon Myrtle and Ginger.
THE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS
Why is Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Blue?
You’ll be glad to know it is 100% natural! The vibrant blue hue from this blue pea flower comes from anthocyanins (blue pigments similar to blueberries and purple cabbage which are high in antioxidants) AND if you add 1 drop of lemon or lime juice to the blue tea it will magically transform into a purple tea! I know how witchy and cool is that! Like magic!
This colour changing combo is Perfect for cocktails, smoothies, cakes, popsicles/icy poles and anything you want to naturally colour blue!
It’s known as a “beauty tea” as promotes circulation to skin, hair and eyes.
Here are some of its notable benefits:
- Helps with hair growth and strengthening
- Treats eye infections and other eye-related health concerns
- Increases blood circulation in the head
- Has anti-inflammatory and anti-depression properties
- Helps in promoting collagen production and maintaining skin elasticity
How to make the Tea
Here’s a simple guide on how to create your own magical and delicious Blue Butterly Pea tea:
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of Crystal Butterfly Pea Tea into a 250ml cup. You need 3-4 dried butterfly pea flowers in the mix too btw.
- Let it steep in water at 100 degrees Celsius for about 5-8 minutes.
- Strain the tea leaves. You may sweeten with a little honey if you want to. To change the colour from blue to purple, you can add just a few drops of lemon juice.
For more details about the butterfly pea tea or other recipe ideas, click here!
This tea which is a unique blend of organic Australian lemon myrtle and ginger. The lemon tones and citrus flavour make it a great choice for a warm magical tea or a fun iced tea.
Yes it is caffeine-free! Which means you can drink it any time without it keeping you wide awake.
Do not drink this tea excessively… it may lead to nausea or diarrhoea so remember to consume it moderately.
Safe to drink during pregnancy?
NO it is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women.